This bread is lovely and light and so full of flavour. I usually love this bread toasted with a spread of butter. It is a perfect addition to a bread basket at the start of a dinner party. It does take a while to prepare so don’t start it if you are hungry but it is perfect to make at the weekends.
- 3 tsp Plain flour
- 30ml Olive oil
- 10g Yeast
- 120ml Water
- 100g Black olives
- 75g Sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Basil
- Mix all the ingredients except the olives and sun dried tomatoes.
- Knead and place in an covered oiled bowl for approx 1 hr.
- Remove from bowl and add in the tomatoes and olives gradually while kneading.
- Mould into a round shape and cut a cross in the top.
- Place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and leave for approx an hour.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx 25 mins until golden.
- To make sure it is cooked pierce the bread with a knife and if it comes out clean it is done.