These freakshakes are epic, I have toned down this shake but if you check them out online they are just amazing! It’s an Australian invention which is wacky and a lot of fun!They are usually topped with cake but I had to draw the line with the sweets and cream since it would be a major sugar overload. They are made for sharing so this recipe is enough for 2 people. My recipe is just a rough guide of how I prepared mine but there is so much creativity with these so go mad….especially if you have a sweet tooth. They will bring joy to any age and I usually love my green ice cream on Paddy’s day so why not a green milkshake.
- 6 tbsp Mint Ice cream
- 200ml Milk
- 3 tbsp Whipped cream
- Handful of green and orange M&M’s
- Handful of cake sprinkles
- 100ml Dark Chocolate
- 50ml Single Cream
- 2 Wafers
- 3 drops green food colouring
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Dip the rim of the sundae glasses into the chocolate and top of with sprinkles.
- Leave in fridge for approx 20 mins to harden.
- Mix the single cream with the remaining chocolate to make the chocolate sauce.
- Meanwhile blitz the ice cream and milk together with the green food colouring until smooth.
- Pour some chocolate sauce in base of the glasses and fill with the milkshake.
- Top off with whipped cream, remaining chocolate sauce, wafers and sweeties!