This week the posts will be focused on bread recipes. This tear n share garlic bread was very enjoyable and it rapidly disappeared! Although it takes a little time to prepare the results are worth it. The bread is soft and full of flavour and is really easy to tear apart. This would be perfect made the night before and just popped into the oven the next day. Save a little garlic butter, melt it and serve as a dip for this delicious bread.
- 400g Plain flour
- 1/2 Packet of dried yeast
- Pinch of salt
- Small handful of fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves of Garlic, peeled and diced
- 175g Butter, room temperature
- Mix the flour, salt and add 550ml of tepid water.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead.
- Leave in a oiled bowl and cover for 1 hr to rise.
- Next to make the Garlic butter, mix the butter, garlic, parsley and cayenne pepper.
- Place onto clingfilm and roll into a sausage shape and leave to firm in freezer for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a bread tin with some of the garlic butter.
- Divide up the dough and roll into roughly golf ball sizes and place side by side in the bread tin.
- Divide up the garlic butter and place in between the dough.
- Leave for 30 mins to rise.
- Pop into the hot oven until brown.