This Cauliflower rice salad is so unusual and tasty. If you don’t have a food processor, then don’t even try to grate the Cauliflower, believe me it takes a while. Save for a food processor! Squeezing out the moisture from the Cauliflower prevents it going soggy when frying. It’s surprising how much water is in a cauliflower… This is a real springtime recipe and with all the tree blossoms and daffodils appearing, it is the perfect time of year to try this.
- 1 head of Cauliflower, grated
- 1 Onion, diced
- 75g Dried Apricots, chopped
- 25g Pistachio nuts, deshelled and crushed
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 75g Rocket, rinsed
- 3 Spring onions, rinsed and sliced
- 3 tbsp Cider vinegar
- Grate cauliflower in food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Place crumbs in clean tea towel, gather the edges and squeeze any excess moisture out.
- Fry the crumbs with the onion in a drizzle of oil for 5 mins.
- Next make the dressing, combine the vinegar, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Blend all the ingredients together and drizzle over the dressing before serving.