This truffle and mushroom pasta is a perfect romantic meal around Valentines day. Yes I know that it’s just truffle oil in the recipe and not proper truffle but there is a no of reasons for this choice, a) truffles are hard to find b) they are expensive and c) the oil gives a hint of truffle flavour thus satisfying my truffle cravings…..
- 6 nests of dried Tagliatelle
- 1 Red onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 225g Mushrooms, peeled and sliced
- 3 tsp Truffle oil
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 250ml Cream
- 3 tbsp Grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Add the tagliatelle to a pan of simmering water and leave for approx 15mins until tender.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the truffle oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until brown.
- Add in the lemon juice and allow to reduce.
- Pour in the cream and leave simmering for 5 mins until reduced, then add the lemon zest.
- Drain the pasta and pour over the mushroom/truffle sauce.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with Parmesan.