These beetroot brownies is the best of both worlds, a sweet treat which includes some nutritional value. The beetroot blends in perfectly with the dark chocolate and still tastes delicious. I love gooey brownies and the beetroot in these brownies really helps keep them moist.
- 300g raw Beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 100g Butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 100g Plain flour
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Coco powder
- Microwave the beetroot for approx 8 mins until tender.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water.
- Meanwhile add the beetroot to a blender and blitz until it is finely chopped.
- Mix the beetroot with the melted chocolate and honey.
- Beat the eggs and combine with the beetroot/chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the flour and coco powder until well combined.
- Pour into a tray lined with greaseproof paper and pop into the oven for approx 25 mins.
- This should result in slightly gooey brownies…
Serve with ice cream or cream….