These caramel slices are so moorish and really light. I have kept the ingredients minimal for this three layered treat! It is perfect for nibbling on a Sunday afternoon with a hot cup of tea and a really good movie! It is even better made the night before since it firms up the biscuit base.
- 150g Plain flour
- 225g Butter
- 400g Condensed milk
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 200g Dark chocolate
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the flour with approx 160g butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Line a tray with grease proof paper and flatten down the mixture.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx 20 mins.
- Mean while to make the caramel mixture combine the condensed milk, rest of the butter and sugar and boil for approx 30 mins unitl thickened. Be careful as the mixture will be extremely hot.
- Spread the caramel on top of the biscuit base and pop into the fridge to set.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and spread on top of caramel.
- Place in fridge to harden for approx an hour.