This Peshwari naan bread is my favourite naan bread, it it so sweet and delicious and just an explosion of flavour every mouthful. The crunchiness of the bread and then the soft filling ummmm. I had to stop myself eating the filling before it even made it to the dough. Hopefully after trying this recipe it will become your favourite too.
- 250g Plain flour
- 130ml Milk
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 70g Pistachio nuts
- 50g Raisins
- 50g Desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp Caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Mix milk and vegetable oil together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Knead the mixture for approx 5 mins and place in an oiled bowl, cover and leave for approx 1 hour.
- Pulse the coconut, raisins and nuts until it resembles a crumb mixture.
- Divide the dough into four portions and roll out flat.
- Place the coconut mixture on half of the dough and fold over.
- Place a bit of oil around the edges to seal and press down.
- Roll out flat and brush over some milk.
- Place until hot grill for approx 5 mins until brown.
Perfect for serving with any curry.