This Tzatziki is a greek sauce usually served with grilled meats and veg or used as a dipping sauce. My friend was raving about it while we were on hols but we could not source it, so here is the recipe! It is quite sharp in flavour which is perfect when it is served as a sauce since it adds a zing to your dishes. If you wish to reduce the sharpness either eliminate the vinegar or add some honey.
- 5 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- 2 Cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
Preparation, the night before:
- Shred the cucumber and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Add into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Season to taste, cover and leave in the fridge.
I usually serve this Tzatziki as a sauce to bbq’s. It is also perfect with spicy foods.