These crispy potato skins with chilli, spring onion and sour cream are perfect to eat straight away or saved for the next day. I love the contrast of the crispy skins with the fluffy filling. I left out the cheese option since there is plenty of flavour and texture happening in this dish. The spring onions and mustard with chilli adds plenty of kick to the potato. This recipe make 8 potato skins and will serve 4 people.
- 4 potatoes, washed
- 1 red chilli, half sliced and half diced
- 2 spring onions, washed and sliced
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp Whole grain mustard
Preparation: The night before
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the potatos in half and pierce the potatos several times.
- Place in microwave for 15 mins until tender.
- Cut an outline in the potato flesh and scoop out.
- Mash the potato filling with 2 tbsp sour cream, diced chillis, spring onion, mustard and season to taste.
- Place the potato skins in oven for approx 15mins until brown.
- Scoop the flesh into the skins.
These crispy potato skins with chilli, spring onion and sour cream are delicious to bring to lunch for the next day and can just be heated up before eating. Serve with the remaining sour cream and chillis.