Egg fried rice is a speedy way to use up left over rice. It can be used with a variety of ingredients and it tastes yummy! I make this the night before so I can bring it in to work the next day for lunch.
- 200g cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 50g green peas
- 300g mushrooms, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/2 red chilli, diced
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass puree
- 2 Spring onions, topped and tailed and sliced thinly
Preparation, the night before:
- Fry the sliced mushrooms for approx 10mins until cooked.
- Add the peas, chilli, lemongrass, and soy sauce and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the rice and mix through.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and crack the egg in this.
- Scramble the egg and mix through the mixture.
- Mix through the spring onions.
I usually garnish this egg fried rice with sliced red chilli and spring onion for a bit of colour.