This Asparagus and lemon cous cous salad is a combination of giant cous cous and the normal cous cous. My friend recommended the giant cous cous and I love it. It is more filling then the normal cous cous and has more texture. The lemon add a bit of zing to this salad while the basil pesto adds the finishing touch.
- 150g large cous cous
- 75g cous cous
- Bunch of Asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 450ml veg stock
- Portion of Basil pesto
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
Preparation, the night before:
- Heat up the pan and melt the butter.
- Add some oil and fry the giant cous cous for 5 mins.
- Add the stock and lemon juice and simmer for 10 mins until the giant cous cous is soft.
- Add the cous cous to the mixture and allow to absorb the remaining liquid.
- Meanwhile heat a pot of water to boiling point and drop in the eggs.
- Simmer for 7 mins and drain.
- Snap the Asparagus stalks and wash.
- Fry for 8 mins until tender.
- Chop the asparagus and add to the cous cous. Season to taste.
- Remove the shells from the eggs and chop in half, add to the salad.
Serve this Asparagus and lemon cous cous salad with a dollop of fresh Bail pesto.