Orzo is a pasta approx the size of rice which is amazing in salads. This Saffron orzo salad with sun dried tomatoes and olives is a perfect solution for lunch or dinner and is quick to make. It has a bit more texture than rice and is more filling.
- 250g Orzo
- Pinch of saffron strands
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 400ml water
- 100g Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 50g Black olives
- Handful of fresh Basil leaves, chopped finely
Preparation,the night before
- Bring a pan of water to simmering point and add in the stock cube, allow to dissolve.
- Next add the saffron and orzo and cook for approx 25 mins until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain orzo, mix through sun dried tomatoes, olives, Basil leaves and season to taste.
I serve this saffron orzo salad with a slice of crusty brown bread.