Scones are one of the first experiences of baking that I had. They are so easy to make and there is a lot of varieties. These Pear and almond scones were developed to taste just as good the next day as they are out of the oven. The pear pieces keep the mixture moist so they do not dry out too much.
- 250g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 2 ripe pears
- 150g butter
- 1 egg
Preparation the night before
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and mix through with fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the egg and honey until combined.
- Peel and chop up a pear finely and add to the flour mixture.
- Add in the egg/honey mixture.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead.
- Roll out the mixture to approx 5 mm thickness and use a cutter to form the shapes.
- Place grease proof paper onto a tray and place on the scones.
- Peel and cut the pear into strips and place on top of the trays.
- Brush the scones with milk and sprinkle over the almond flakes.
- Cook in oven for approx 20 mins until brown.
These Pear and almond scones are delicious toasted with a spread of honey.Yum Yum.