Sweet chilli sauce has always been a staple in my fridge but I was always concerned with the sugar level in the processed version. So I developed this alternative with honey substituted for the sugar. It is not so sweet as the processed version which I prefer but more honey can always be added.
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 3 red chillis
- 2 garlic cloves, diced finely
- Thumbsize piece of ginger peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 100ml water
Preparation the night before
- Blitz peppers, chilli’s, garlic and ginger in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add mixture to pan with 50ml water, honey, vinegar’s and boil for 15 mins.
- Mix corn flour with remaining water and add to chilli mixture.
- Boil for 5 mins.
- Transfer to jar and store in fridge.
This sweet chilli sauce is great served as a dip for hot food or even as a dip for crisps. It can usually be kept for up to 3 weeks in the fridge but I tend to get through mine very rapidly!