This tray bake is so quick and easy to make, the Harissa paste can be made the night before and then just mixed through towards the end of cooking. Also the ingredients can be varied from Aubergines, sweet potatoes, cauliflower etc. This dish usually uses up what I have leftover in my veg basket.
- 5 tbsp Harissa paste
- 3 potatoes, diced into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced finely
- Handful of mushrooms, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tin of chickpeas
- 50g black olives
- 2 eggs
The night before:
- Prepare Harissa paste, cover and leave overnight in fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Microwave the potatoes for a few mins, until heated through.
- Add the vegetable to a baking tray and drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Roast for 20 mins.
- Stir through Harissa paste, add olives and chickpeas.
- Crack the eggs on top of this mixture and cook for another 8- 10 mins depending on soft/hard yolk required.
This is lovely served with fresh rocket leaves.