All my favourite ingredients combined to make this extremely delicious treat! Usually when I am preparing these I have nearly all the chocolate ate before I even get to melt it. Hence the drizzle effect in the photo….
- 250g porridge oats
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 50g de-shelled, crushed Pistachio nuts
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g dark chocolate
Preparation, night before
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix oats with cranberries.
- Melt butter and mix with honey and maple syrup.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until the mixture is moist.
- If mixture is a bit dry, just add more maple syrup.
- Line baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Transfer mixture to tray and pat down.
- Cook in oven for 20 mins until oats are golden.
- When cooked remove from oven and allow to cool down.
- Melt dark chocolate in bowl over simmering water.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over flapjacks.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- Next day remove from tin and slice.