These spiced pumpkin pancakes are a great way to celebrate Halloween and the spices add to the flavour. I boiled the pumpkin until soft which then blended more easily into the mixture. This recipe makes about 5 small pancakes which is enough for 2 people sharing.
- 100g Boiled Pumpkin
- 1 Egg
- 150ml Milk
- 120g Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Handful of pecan nuts/hazelnuts
- 3tbsp Maple Syrup
- Place in a blender the pumpkin, flour, egg, milk and honey.
- Blend until smooth and add in the spices and vanilla.
- Lightly grease a pan over medium heat and place in a scoop of the mixture.
- Simmer for 5 mins until set and place under the grill to finish the top.
- Serve with toasted Pecans/hazelnuts and drizzle with maple syrup.