The Rum in this cake just adds an extra depth of flavour and this is perfect served with some tea. This cake will serve about 2 people so just increase the ingredients if you are serving more. This is a thick cake so it will can be deceptive when cooking since it will start going brown even though it’s not fully cooked. It will required piercing, I usually use a chopstick and if it comes out clear it’s done. Also before serving run a knife around the edge of the cake and tin so that it will come out in one piece.
- 100g Butter
- 50g Dark Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 10ml Dark Rum
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 100g Plain Flour
- 1 Apple, peeled & diced
- Handful of flaked Almonds
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the butter and mix in the sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, rum and mix well.
- Then add the flour and baking powder and beat in until smooth.
- Next add the cinnamon and apple and mix in.
- Grease a cake tin and add the mixture.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx 40 minutes.