This bean & pasta soup is really filling and comforting. The mushrooms add a nice base to the sauce white the beans and pasta add some bulk and texture. One of my favorite soups at this time of year. I usually serve this with some crumbled feta cheese on top.
- 600ml Vegetable Stock
- 50g Mushrooms
- 50g Pasta
- 1 Can of butterbeans
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 20ml Cream
- Peel and slice the mushrooms, garlic & onion.
- Fry for a few mins until brown.
- Blend the mushroom mixture with vegetable stock & mustard until smooth.
- Rinse the beans and drain and add to the mixture.
- Smash up the pasta and add to the mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Season to taste and stir in the cream.