This crumble has been pimped up from the traditional recipes with hazelnuts in the crumble to add more crunch and rum in the fruit to add a more intense flavour. This dessert is always perfect for the Autumn since the fruits are in season and it’s starting to get a bit cooler.
- 80g Butter
- 150g Plain Flour
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 50g Hazelnuts
- 3 Pear
- 5 Plums
- Shot of dark rum
- 15g Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix 2 tbsp of sugar into the flour and then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Crush the hazelnuts and add to mixture.
- Then peel and chop the fruit, add the remaining sugar, raisins and rum and mix in.
- Place in a baking dish and top off with crumble.
- Bake for approx 24-30 mins until the juices bubble up over the crumble.