This Peach Melba is a light desert perfect for sharing. The sauce really adds flavour to this dish while the peach and yoghurt mellows it out.
- 3 Peaches
- 300g Rasperries
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- 100g Natural Yoghurt
- 50g Caster Sugar
- Slice peaches in half and remove the stone.
- Mix the caster sugar with 200g water and set on a medium heat to dissolve.
- Pop in the peaches to this mixture and simmer for approx 5-10 mins until tender.
- Drain the peaches, allow to cool and remove the skins.
- Next make the sauce. Combine the raspberries, lemon juice, icing sugar and vanilla extract with 1 tbsp water.
- Simmer until raspberries have reduced and become syrup like. Pass through a sieve to get a lump free sauce.
- Serve this dish with the peaches arrange on top of the yoghurt and sauce poured over.