This salad pizza is the best of both worlds, a taste of yummy pizza with less dough and the addition of salad. This will serve 1 person and the salad in the Centre can be more flamboyant but since there is a lot of flavor in the pizza, I kept it simple.
- 50g Green Olives
- 100g Spinach
- 50g Sundried tomatoes
- 2tbsp Green Pesto
- 2tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 200g Passata
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 7g Dried yeast
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 glass tepid water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 10 mini mozzarella balls
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 1/2 Carrot grated
- Mix the yeast, water and honey together and leave aside for approx 10 minutes until a foam has formed.
- Add the yeast mixture into the flour and knead until a dough has formed. Cover and leave aside for approx 1 hour until risen.
- Meanwhile make the sauce by combining the Passata, red wine vinegar, basil and chilli and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once risen roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thin layer. Cut out a circle in the middle.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Spread the tomato mixture on the dough and spread to the edges.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan and pop on the mozzarella, tomatoes, olives, onion and pesto.
- Leave in the oven for 25 mins until golden
- Remove and place in the spinach and grated carrots in the Centre.