This Calzone is really filling and a great way to use up any left over spinach. It has mild flavours but add more chilli if you want more of a kick. This would serve 2-3 people depending on how hungry they are!
- 250g Ricotto cheese
- 200g Spinach
- 1 tbsp dried chilli
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and diced
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 7g Dried yeast
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 glass tepid water
- 2 tbsp Semolina
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Mix the yeast, water and honey together and leave aside for approx 10 minutes until a foam has formed.
- Add the yeast mixture into the flour and knead until a dough has formed. Cover and leave aside for approx 1 hour until risen.
- Meanwhile wilt the spinach in a pan over gentle heat and add the chilli, garlic and Ricotta cheese. Mix until combined and season to taste.
- Once risen roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thin layer.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the ricotta mixture on half of the rolled dough and brush some oil on the edges.
- Fold over the dough and pleat the edges.
- Brush the remaining oil over the top and sprinkle over the Semolina.
- Cut some slits into the calzone and pop into the oven for approx 20 mins until golden.