This walnut and lime pasta sauce is simply and easy to make. The walnuts can be blended to a smooth or crunchy consistency, whichever is your preference. I served this with some fried mushrooms and onions with a bit of dried chilli flakes for a little bit of kick to the dish. This sauce is also a great dipping sauce served chilled.
- 100g Walnuts
- 1 Onion
- 1 Lime
- 50ml Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and slice the onion and arrange on a tray with the walnuts.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and transfer to a blender with the olive oil and lime juice.
- Season to taste and stir through pasta and vegetables.