This aubergine cheesy bake is the real comfort food. The cheese just binds everything together while the tomato sauce melts into the aubergine. This meal is perfect with a side salad or even on its own.
- 2 Garlic Clove’s, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp Dried Chilli’s
- 2 Cans of tomatoes
- 2 Aubergines, sliced
- 1 tsp Honey
- 150g Mozzarella, grated
- 6 Lasange sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry the garlic until golden, then add the chilli’s, honey and tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes until reduced.
- Grill the aubergine slices until golden on both sides.
- Arrange the dish with a layer of aubergine slices, lasange sheets and tomato sauce. Keep repeating until the dish is filled.
- Top of with the cheese and pop into the oven for approx 35-40 minutes until golden.