When I ate meat years ago, I used to love torn duck with hoisin sauce and pancakes. They were divine! So I have tried here to create a vegetarian version and the star of the recipe is of course the hoisin sauce. To toast the Sesame seeds, pop them over a medium heat on a dry pan until lightly brown.
- 200g Mushrooms
- 1tbsp Toasted Sesame seeds
- 50g Spinach
- 4 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 6 Chinese pancakes
- Fry the mushrooms with 1 tbsp of oil until they are brown on both sides.
- In another pan fry the spinach with 1 tbsp of oil until wilted.
- Add the hoisin to the mushrooms and mix well.
- Heat up the pancakes and layer up the spinach, mushrooms and sesame seeds.