This cake is simple and fun to make. It is perfect for a picnic or as a pick me up during tea. I love the way the colours melt into each other and swirling them together is relaxing. Some melted chocolate can always be drizzled on top or chocolate chips added if you are on a sugar craze but this is the way I usually make this, plain and simple.
- 200g Butter
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 250g Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Coco powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the butter and beat in the honey and eggs.
- Fold in the flour and divide the mixture into two separate bowls.
- In one of the bowls mix in the coco powder.
- In a bread tin lined with grease proof paper, add dollops of the two mixtures and with a knife/Chopstick swirl both mixtures into each other.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx 30 minutes until risen and golden.