These mini cream and strawberries cakes are perfect on a summer evening with tea. The jam moistens the sponge while the cream is cooling and refreshing. The strawberries can be varied with other fruit such as blueberries, blackberries etc. Homemade jam is the best but store bought is perfect if you are under time pressure.
- 100g Plain flour
- 100g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 50g Fresh Strawberries
- 75ml Fresh whipped cream
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coco powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and honey and mix in the egg.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tin and pour the batter into the mounds.
- Pop into a hot oven for approx 20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and before serving, add a layer of jam, cream, strawberries and a dusting of coco powder.