I first tasted these crispy vegetable dumplings at a food fair and I have been replicating them since. A crispy exterior with a sweet/savoury and hot centre. I made my own dough since it is easier than searching for the ready made ones. Sesame seeds will also be a nice addition over the top of these and for dipping sauces I usually serve these with some sweet chilli sauce.
- 100g Plain flour
- 50ml Tepid water
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 50g Mushrooms, peeled and diced
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- Mix the flour and water together until a dough forms.
- Knead for a few minutes, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile stir fry the vegetables until tender.
- Mix in the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce with the vegetables until well combined.
- Next divide the dough into golf size portions and roll out each portion to approx 1mm thick.
- Put 1 tbsp of the vegetable mix in each rolled piece and fold over. Seal the edges with some water and pleat along the seam.
- Heat a pan with a small amount of oil and place on the cresent shaped dumplings.
- Fry on each side for approx 3-5 minutes until golden.