These marbled cupcakes may be pretty but they are pretty tasty too. Any colour can be used for these but I choose blue and white. This recipe makes about 16 cupcakes and they will keep in the fridge 3-4 days.
- 100g Butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- Blue food coloring
- 200g Icing sugar
- 50g Dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Coco powder
- 180g Self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the butter and mix in the honey and eggs.
- Add in the flour and coco until well combined.
- Chop up the chocolate and add to the mixture.
- Place the mixture into a cupcake tray lined with cupcake cases.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx 25 mins until firm.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing, add 2 tsp of water to the icing and mix well.
- Remove 2 tbsp of icing and set aside in a different bowl. Add the food coloring to larger quantity of icing and mix well.
- When the buns have been removed from the oven, allow to cool and pour over the blue icing.
- To finish place a small amount of white icing on top and mix into the blue icing creating a marbled effect.
- Pop into the fridge to set.