These liquoirce and blackberry cupcakes have a slight flavor of liquoirce and a strong taste of blackberry which compliment each other. The buttercream is divine, smooth and full of flavor. I piped the buttercream over these buns but a knife can be used also to just spread it on top.
- 200g Butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 125g Blackberries
- 100g Icing sugar
- 100g Liquorice
- 100g Milk
- 180g Self-raising flour
- Simmer the Liquorice with the milk for 10 minutes and leave aside for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt 100g of butter and mix in the Liquorice milk, honey and eggs.
- Add in the flour until well combined.
- Place in the mixture into a cupcake tray lined with cupcake cases.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx 25 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing, simmer the blackberries with 2 tbsp of water, mash the berries and strain.
- Next cream the remaining butter,blackberry juice and icing until smooth.
- When the buns have been removed from the oven, allow to cool and pipe over the buttercream icing.
- To finish place a blackberry on top of each bun.