These lemon and coconut cupcakes just remind me of summer, the brightness of the icing and the freshness of the lemon. The flavours of homemade buttercream icing always surprises me, it’s just so much stronger than the store bought versions and so amazing when fresh.
- 200g Butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, juices
- 100g Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 180g Self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt 100g of butter and mix in the 1/2 the lemon juice, honey and eggs.
- Add in the flour until well combined.
- Place the mixture into a cupcake tray lined with cupcake cases.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx 25 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing, cream the remaining butter,lemon juice and icing until smooth.
- When the buns have been removed from the oven, allow to cool and spread over the buttercream icing.
- To finish sprinkle over some desiccated coconut.