I really enjoyed these Pineapple cakes, the pineapple keeps the cakes really moist and the fruit acts as a nice topping. I have made these as mini cakes but a large version can also be created depending on your preference.
- 1 tin of Pineapple rings
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 150g Plain flour
- 100g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the pineapple rings at the base of the indents of a muffin tray with 1 tsp of pineapple juice over each.
- Pop into the hot oven and allow to cook for approx 10 minutes.
- Cream the butter and honey together, then add in the eggs and 4 tbsp of pineapple juice. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the flour and mix throughly.
- Spoon in the mixture over the pineapple rings and pop into the oven for approx 25 minutes until risen.