These crispy onions when added as a topping to pasta dishes, pizzas, burgers or even curries just bring the dish to another level. The crunchiness and sweetness is amazing but they are not a regular in most shops, so they are difficult to buy. I decided to make my own and develop different variants of this recipe with taco sauce or Parmesan.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Egg
- 50g flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Slice the onions very thinly.
- Beat the egg with milk and place into a bowl.
- Dip each onion slice into the egg and then the flour and place on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with Olive oil and pop into the hot oven for approx 40 minutes until golden and crispy.