I have always loved onion rings but I prefer the breadcumb version over the batter plus these are oven baked which I feel healthier eating! Your fingers can get sticky making these so just rinse often since the flour and beadcrumbs can get clumpy. I added some Paprika to the flour for a bit of flavour but dried chilli can be added as well or even mix some diced garlic in with the breadcumbs. These are best served straightaway as they ten to go soggy the next day after cooking.
- 1 Onion
- 50g Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Peel the onion and cut into slices, separating each piece.
- Arrange 3 bowls, 1 with flour and paprika, 1 with egg and 1 with breadcrumbs.
- Dip each slice first into the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Place onto the trays and pop into the oven for approx 25 minutes until golden.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.