This fresh rice salad is a perfect side dish to a BBQ or even to bring to work for lunch. The Apricots add a lovely sweetness, the piri piri a bit of spice and the pomegrante a fresh juicy element. I just love every mouthful of this since there is lots of complimentary flavours and wonderful textures.
- 250g Long Grain Rice or Wild Rice
- 1/2 Pomegranate
- 100g Dried Apricots, chopped
- 75g Pistachio Nuts, de-shelled
- Handful of rocket leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Piri Piri dried mix
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- Boil the rice for approx 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile remove the seeds from the pomegranate and mix the seeds with the Apricot, pistachios, rocket leaves and poppy seeds.
- Drain the rice and mix in the Piri Piri seasoning and allow to cool.
- Make the dressing by beating the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil.
- Before serving add the rice to the pomegranate mixture and drizzle over the dressing.