I always find cauliflower a bland vegetable which just requires a more dominant flavour to lift it. In this recipe I have used blue cheese which seeps through the cauliflower flavouring it throughout. When de-stalking the cauliflower don’t over do it since the whole thing can fall apart, just take out the major chunky stalk. Any left overs from this dish can be chopped up and mixed into some cooked pasta for lunch the next day.
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1/2 Red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled and diced
- 150g Blue Cheese
- Handful of spinach chopped
- 20g Pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Remove all the leave’s from the cauliflower and hollow out the stalk.
- Next fry the onion and garlic until soft, add the spinach until wilted and then the blue cheese.
- The blue cheese will melt to give a sauce consistency.
- Spoon this sauce into the cauliflower and ensure that it reaches all the crevices.
- Cover with tin foil and pop into the oven for 30 minutes until tender.
- To finish remove the tin foil, top off with pine nuts and roast for another 15-20 minutes until golden.