This roast halloumi bake is a great way to clear out the cupboards. I tend to use vegetables I have leftover, if I have chickpeas I add them in or sometimes instead of lentils some rice or pasta. Its a quick dinner to prepare and make. The olives give a bit of zest while the pomegranate adds elements of sweetness to the dish. I have drizzled mayonnaise over this dish but hummus works a treat with this.
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 White potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 200g Halloumi diced
- 50g Green Lentils, rinsed
- 30g Green Olives
- 1/2 Pomegranate deseeded
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a baking tray combine the potatoes with Halloumi and toss in the avocado oil.
- Place in the hot oven for approx 30 minutes until the potatoes are crisp.
- Meanwhile boil the lentils until tender approx 20 minutes.
- Once the halloumi bake is cooked, mix in the lentils, pomegranate seeds and olives.