This beetroot omelette with Goats cheese and rocket is a very pretty lunch. Add more beetroot juice to intensify the colour of the omelette if you desire, as the colour will fade when cooked. When cooking this under the grill, the omelette will rise up significantly so keep an eye on it, it will flatten back down as it cools.
I enjoy these salads on omelettes as it makes salads more filling and there is a contrast between hot and cold. The pine nuts adds a crunch to the dish while the goats cheese is divine with the beetroot and balsamic vinegar. This dish is a little punch bag of flavours which will tantalise any taste buds.
- 1 Cooked Beetroot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Beetroot juice
- Handful of rocket leaves
- 20g Goats cheese cut into chunks
- 10g Pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- Beat the eggs with the beetroot juice and season to taste.
- Pour into a hot pan and allow to simmer for approx 3-5 minutes.
- Place the pan under a hot grill and leave for approx 2-3 minutes until cooked on top.
- Top the omelette with the rocket, cheese, beetroot and pine nuts.
- Before serving mix the vinegar with the honey and drizzle over.