St Patrick’s day is just around the corner and this potato boxty would make the perfect brunch. When cooking try and spread it thinly on the pan as this ensures a nice crispiness to the boxty. I serve this with some spring onions and a dip made out of mayonnaise and green pesto. This recipe will make approx 10 portions of boxty.
- 100g Plain flour
- 350g Mashed Potato
- 300g Grated potato
- 300ml Warm Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Mix the potato together and add in the flour.
- Melt the butter and mix into the milk with the egg.
- Add to the potato mixture and mix until well combined.
- Heat up a pan with 1 tbsp oil and drop on 1 tbsp of the mash mixture.
- Spread thinly on the pan and fry for approx 3 minutes and then pop under the grill to brown the top.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.