This week I will be focusing on leftovers from dinners which can be transformed into completely new meals. Take example some roasted potato and squash as below. These are perfect as a side to any Sunday dinner but you make wish to transform the leftovers to a lunch for work the next day. Mostly I would transform them into soup but lately I have been mashing them to bulk up lunchtime wraps. The saltiness of the halloumi balances the sweetness of the spread and the crispy onions add flavour and texture.
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Butternut squash, de-seeded, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250g Halloumi
- Handful of fresh Spinach
- 2 tbsp Green Pesto
- 2 tbsp Crispy Onions
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Fajita wraps
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees and place in the sweet potato and squash in a baking tray.
- Sprinkle over the oil and vinegar and pop into the hot oven for approx 45 minutes -1 hr until soft.
- To make into a spread, mash the potato and squash together and season to taste.
- Fry the Halloumi until golden and then layer up wraps with pesto, spread, spinach, halloumi and onions.
- Wrap and toast under the grill until golden.