Happy Valentines Day!!! These red velvet cupcakes taste divine and this recipe will make about 15 buns. My favourite element is the buttercream, I was eating spoonfuls before any got on the cakes! These buns will keep for a few days in the fridge but they are very moorish so they tend to go quickly….
- 200g Plain flour
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 275g Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Coco powder
- 25ml Red food colouring
- 200g Icing sugar
- 200g Cream cheese
- Handful of Marsh mellows
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat the honey and 150g of butter together until well combined.
- Add in the flour, eggs, coco and red food colouring, mix well.
- Line a bun tray with cases and spoon in the mixture 3/4 full.
- Pop into the oven for approx 25 mins until risen.
- Meanwhile cream the remaining butter, cream cheese and icing sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Remove the buns and allow to cool and spoon on the buttercream.
- Top of with marsh mellows and a dusting of coco powder.