I usually make this mixed nut spread in batches and freeze until I am using it. A variety of different nuts can be used since it is a good way to clear out the cupboard. I use this in a range of dishes from spreading on toast to adding in smoothies to satay stir fry. It is an important source of protein and it just adds a lot of flavour to certain dishes.
- 200g Chestnuts
- 100g Almonds blanched
- 100g Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 4 tsp Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut a cross in the top of the chestnuts and pop into the hot oven for approx 15 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes pop in the rest of the nuts to roast.
- Allow the nuts to cool and peel of the skin off the chestnuts.
- Pop the soft flesh into a processor with the rest of the nuts and blend for approx 5-8 mins until a paste forms.
- Add in the honey and oil and blend to the desired texture.