This spiced aubergine stew will clear any head cold this time of the year. The Harissa add a nice kick to the dish while the yoghurt will reduce the spiciness if you are not too fond of hot dishes. This is a chunky stew which I would eat on its own but it can always be serve with rice, pasta or potatoes. This will easily fill about 5 peoples bellies!
- 2 Aubergines, rinsed and cut into chunks
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 90g Harissa Paste
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 6 Tomatoes, rinsed and cut into chunks
- 1 Tin of chickpeas, rinsed
- 350ml Vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp Natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp toasted Flaked Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry the onion and garlic until soft and add in the aubergine and tomatoes for approx 5 mins.
- Add to the casserole dish with chickpeas, stock, harrissa, and cumin.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx an hour and half until the stock has reduced and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkling of almond flakes.