This Butternut Squash Casserole is such a colourful meal on a dark January evening. The best things about casseroles is that they can be popped into the oven and left to cook away. This is really chunky so I usually just eat it on its own with a bit of bread but it can be served with some potato or rice if preferred.
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tin of Sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 tin of Haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 500g Passata
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 300ml Vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry the onion for a few mins and then add the garlic and Butternut squash.
- Leave for 5 mins and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pop into the oven for approx 1.5-2 hours until the vegetables are tender, stir occasionally.