This recipe I have substituted the cream with natural yoghurt which adds a little more sharpness to the dish. Also I didn’t overcrowd the mushrooms when frying which allows the mushrooms to form a lovely golden brown colour. The wine adds a lovely depth of flavour to the dish and compliments the flavour of the mushrooms. I serve this with brown rice but spicy wedges also is great with this dish.
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and diced
- 300g Mushrooms, peeled and diced
- 1 Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 120ml White Wine
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- Fry the garlic and onion until soft.
- Leave aside and fry the mushrooms until brown.
- Combine the garlic, onion and mushrooms with Paprika and mustard.
- Fry for approx 2 minutes and add in the wine and vegetable stock.
- Next add in the Worcestershire sauce and simmer for approx 8 minutes until reduced.
- Stir through the Natural yoghurt, season to taste and serve.