This brioche can be prepared the night before and is perfect for popping into the oven on a Sunday morning for breakfast. It is a lot easier to make than I thought and it’s not so sweet as the store bought versions which can be sickly at times. This is also perfect for making french toast with, or served straight from the oven with a bit of marmalade.
- 120g Butter
- 7g Dried Yeast
- 25ml Milk
- 3tbsp Honey
- 4 Eggs
- 225g Plain flour
- Soften the butter for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Meanwhile mix the yeast and milk together.
- Next add 3 eggs, honey and flour to the milk mixture.
- Slowly add the melted butter to the dough.
- Cover and leave aside to rise overnight in the fridge.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface and divide into 3 balls.
- Roll each ball into three long strings and plait these together, tucking the ends under the bread.
- Leave aside on a tray lined with grease proof paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix an egg yolk with 1 tbsp of water and brush over the dough.
- Pop into the hot oven and leave aside 30-40 minutes until a deep brown crust has formed.