These french baguettes like any other bread is best freshly made. The four of these were devoured within a few hours. The dough can also be frozen to be used again. Baking this type of bread in a moist oven helps make the crust really crispy, thus why I placed in the tray of water.
- 400g Plain Flour
- 7g Dried Yeast
- 250ml Water
- Mix all the ingredients together, knead for a few minutes on a floured surface and leave aside covered for an hour to rise.
- Preheat the oven to its highest setting and place in a baking tray filled with water.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and divide the dough into 4 balls.
- Roll each ball out into a long baguette shape on a lightly oiled work surface and place onto the baking tray.
- Cut slashes along the length of the baguette and spray over some water.
- Place into the hot oven and after 10 minutes spray again with water.
- Leave for approx another 10 minutes until brown.