I am always anxious about making alcholic ice-cream since I am always worried that it may not freeze. This time though I had the ice-cream maker and it makes such a difference. It breaks up any large ice crystals and the ice-cream was a lot smoother. With my machie I have to freeze the base a few hours before use so check your manufacturer’s instructions before you plan to start. I usually serve this ice-cream with strawberries which enchance the flavour of the prosecco.
- 150ml Prosecco
- 150ml Milk
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar
- 250ml Double Cream
- First beat the egg yolks and caster sugar until well combined.
- Heat up the milk to simmering point and slowly add to the egg yolk mixture. If you add it too fast the yolk may scramble.
- Move the mixture over on a low heat and continuously stir until it coats the back of the spoon.
- Stir in the prosecco and allow to cool.
- Add to the ice-cream maker and follow the instructions.
- If you dont have an ice-cream maker, place the mixture in a carton in the freezer and stir every few hours. Leave overnight.